- Wild Salmon Filets
- Cooking Oil of Choice
- Other seasoning of choice (lemon pepper is a go to in the Dyce household)
We’re are big fans of salmon, but not of soft skin! Enter the Crispy Skin Salmon recipe – it’s simple and delicious.
- Step 1: Take salmon filets out and pat dry with a paper towel or cloth.
- Step 2: Season with salt & pepper (liberally) and rest skin side up. Place filets in fridge uncovered for 30 minutes (this is the step that dries the skin out to guarantee crispy skin).
- Step 3: Coat bottom of pan with oil of choice (enough to cover the entire surface) and heat pan to medium-high to high heat. I usually cook this in a cast iron skillet and allow it to heat up for 5-7 minutes.
- Step 4: Place filets in skillet skin side down for 4 minutes. Flip filets to skin side up and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 5: Let rest for 3-5 minutes and serve with slice of lemon.